Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Night on the Ranch

I’m having a pretty exciting Saturday night watching the doubles finals of the Australian Open–at least Monte is happy– and knitting. I’ve finally started knitting the second sock. I’m not happy with the pattern, but will finish the pair. The next pair will have a heel in the them so they fit better. But I like the way the yarn works up and since this is my first pair, I’m ok with them.

I’m looking for knitting patterns for hats and have run across Queer Joe’s blog. He’s "a 40 something gay man who loves to knit." One of his patterns is for a Willie Warmer "a great gift for kilt wearers." Since I only know one Scottish fellow, and I don’t know him that well, I think I’ll pass on this site.

But I did find some hat patterns. I think I’ll try to make some for next fall.

We saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. It’s very good. Cate Blanchett and Brad Pitt are both good. The makeup is extraordinary. And when Blanchett is dancing, she's so graceful.

I also caved and bought the blue striped material I was longing for. Not sure what I will do with it yet. But it is really neat. Also picked up some material to recover two pillows for the camper. The mice ate the fringe off the pillows last year and it makes me mad every time I look at the pillows! I HATE MICE. So I will recover them so I don’t have to look at them.

We finished putting in the new carpeting in the camper today. Have a bit of cleaning to do yet. We haven’t decided where or when we will head out, but it will be in the next month. I want to get my quilt top done before we leave. Monte is ready to go now, so it will be a compromise. There don’t seem to be as many jobs out there this year. So we may just take off and work at Habitat for a while. Or we may just head south live oak country. We’d like to check out the Ninth Ward in New Orleans and see what has been done.

No comments:

Post a Comment